Full Time clinic RN position available for a busy allergy practice. Must be a licensed RN. Requirements include: ability to stand for long periods of time; ability to work in a very fast paced environment; experience with giving injections to children and adults; ability to get along with other employees; must be comfortable working with children. Pediatric experience a plus. Must have a current, active nursing license that has no restrictions or suspensions.
A background check will be performed on all applicants before hire!!
Job Description: PATIENT CARE CENTERED!!!
1. Bringing patients into the clinic area, obtaining vital signs and patient history, pulmonary function studies and Feno testing, allergy skin testing, patch skin testing, administration of medications as prescribed and injections. Must have experience giving injections to children and adults.
2. Reporting and following up on lab and x-ray results; taking and answering nursing telephone calls.
3. Refilling prescriptions per doctor orders
4. Will be trained to work in the allergy shot room. All nurses will be required to learn the shot room and to work in the evenings once your regular shift work is completed.
5. Assist with ordering, sorting and dispensing of supplies as well as putting new patient packets together for patients.
6. Compliance with HIPAA and OSHA guidelines
7. Travel to Lake Charles once or twice a month with the physician to work a one day clinic. You will be required to leave our office with the physician at 6:30-6:45 am to arrive at the Lake Charles office on time for patients. The physician seeing patients will drive.
8. Must be willing to work as a team with business and nursing personnel.
9. Work 7:50 am until 6:00 pm Monday through Thursday. Some very rare half day Fridays may be required for quarterly meetings .
10. Willing to performs other duties as assigned.
11. Must be comfortable educating patients on inhalers, treatment plans etc.
12. Must be comfortable using computers and electronic medical records as our clinic will be transitioning this year.
Shift: Monday through Thursday from 7:50 am until 6:00 pm. No weekends or Holidays.
1. 80 hours paid vacation after 6 months of employment. Vacation time is earned at 3.08 hours per payroll.
2. 401K plan after 1 year of employment.
3. Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance after 30 days of employment. We pay the first $200 of your portion of your health insurance plan when purchased through us. We also pay $100 monthly into a health savings account when you purchase insurance through us.
4. $40 towards uniform expenses bi-yearly
4. Salary dependent upon experience.
No resume will be considered without professional references. Personal references will not be looked at.